The holidays should be a time of joy and excitement, but for those who can’t be with loved ones, they can create feelings of overwhelming loneliness and sadness.
On-site teams have the incredible opportunity to help residents feel the warmth of the season, literally and figuratively, with an unassuming amenity - the coffee machine (bonus points if it’s SipWithMe)!
A holiday coffee and cocoa tasting can be an easy and cost-effective way to generate meaningful resident interaction and create holiday cheer - and we’re here to help you sleigh one with a few tried-and-tested tips from our playbook!
- It’s the most wonderful time for an event. A 2-3 hour timeframe offers residents ample time to craft the perfect beverage and mingle with their neighbors. For family-friendly tastings, opt for a morning time slot on the weekend. For a 21+ crowd, help them relax and unwind after work with a 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. weeknight event featuring festive liqueurs.
- Your presents is requested...Spread the word about your event on your social channels. Add it to event calendars. Print fliers and hang them in elevators and common areas. If you’re not a graphic design expert, leverage the eye-catching templates available on user-friendly platforms like Canva.
- Avoid getting your tinsel in a tangle. Double check your supply levels and reorder anything that’s running low.
- Deck the halls. Spruce up your event area with themed decorations to add flair to the festivities.
- Offer merry mix-ins. Give residents the chance to build their ultimate drink by offering a variety of mix-ins. You can’t go wrong with flavored syrups, marshmallows, sweetened condensed milk, flavored creamers, chocolate chips, caramel sauce, ice cream, chocolate sauce or whipped cream.
- Sugar and spice make the holidays nice. Complement your coffee and cocoa with a few sweet treats like candies or cookies. Don’t forget to offer allergen-friendly options!
- Get into the holiday spirits. For the adult crowd, offer a selection of liqueurs that pair nicely with hot beverages - solid options include Baileys Irish Cream, Kahlua, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and Sugarlands Sippin’ Cream.
- Let’s take an elfie. Be sure to grab a few photos and testimonial videos for your socials!
- Make it rein. Host a giveaway and send a lucky resident or two home with a branded mug or tumbler.
Coffee and cocoa tasting events not only remind residents about your amenity, they also foster meaningful interaction.
And what happens when residents build strong relationships in their building and have access to amenities they truly value? They’re more likely to renew their leases.
This holiday season, treat your residents to holiday warmth and give yourself the gift of increased satisfaction and retention.